6.09.2009

It's Been A While . . .

[clears throat] Well, here I am , back again!

I'm in such a slump right now. I'm at home for the summer and I work a summer job. When school starts back in the fall, I'll be living in an apartment, 4bdrm, 4 bth. Wonderful, you think? Well not so much. I'm gonna make this story as short as possible... I signed the lease for this place in october of 2008 for 10 mos, august thru may. right? When I signed, I chose the biggest bedroom in the apt. Then, in december, over my christmas break, I got an update from the apt about the address and blah blah, except they had changed my room assignment to a smaller room.

So I called them fussing because who wouldnt want the bigger room, right? Basically, they changed my room assignment because the room I chose was only for people who signed 12 month leases. soooo, I calmed down because I had signed a 10 month lease. then, in may, they sent another letter to my home telling me about other updates, like my parking space. So then there was another mistake.

To get to the point, they changed my lease from 10 mos to 12 mos between december and may. not only that, but they did not change my bedroom back. How they changed my lease, I don't know. And I don't know how to fight it either. So now, I've been pushed into paying rent for two months (june & july) for an apartment that I won't even be living in. Isn't that something? I haven't paid them because I am still trying to fight this. I'd give more details but I don't want to be typing forever.

Until then, wish me good luck. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Im a student too (third year), but Im a lot older than you, lol. Hmm...I have no advice other than maybe you should seek legal advice, it seems like they are taking you for a ride. Good luck, I hope that you get it resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea hopefully. but idk.. I'm still hoping and praying that things work out in my favor. I'd hate to have to come out of pocket over $1000.. but this whole experience anyway has taught me to make better decisions and be more careful with situations as such.

    ReplyDelete

Followers